Saturday, July 12, 2014

Stubborn Lashes Tips and Tricks!

I have stubborn lashes. There I said it. Its the one part of my body that I feel the most self conscious about. They look like the snuffalaffugus lashes from sesame st.

 They point straight down on the inner half and flat against my lid on the outer half. I have owned probably 10 to 15 different eye lash curlers and not one of them have worked! Im not saying that the traditional eyelash curlers don't work. I can use one in a pinch. If I have to use one I like the ELF Studio lash curler. Its super affordable and its one of the ones that kind of work on my lashes.
ELF eyelash curler
http://www.drugstore.com/e-l-f-professional-mechanical-eyelash-curler/qxp156866?catid=183641
$1.49

**Tip & Trick 1** Run the top part of the eyelash under warm water! For a heated curler effect!

I didn't create this tip. But it really works! Turn on the hot water and let it run until its warm. Do not let it get hotter than you can handle when you put your hand under the running water. Burnt eyelids aren't cute! Let the water run over the lash curlers for 10 to 15 seconds, wipe off the excess water and curl your lashes as normal.


**Tip & Trick 2** Heated Eyelash curlers are your best friend.

I know what your thinking. Great! Another expensive contraption that I have to buy. False! First you don't have to buy it. You can use the first tip and the lash curler you already have. And second its not expensive! Here is a link to the one I have and can't live without ( http://www.drugstore.com/ardell-heated-eyelash-curler/qxp146372?catid=183641 )Its the ardell heated eyelash curler and its $4.19. Thats less than a cup of coffee! Plus I have had mine for over a year now and alls you have to do is change the 2 AAA batteries every 3 months or so. There are different styles of heated curlers but this is my favorite. It works like a traditional curler and is comfortable to use.
Ardell Heated Eyelash Curler
$4.19


**Tip & Trick 3** Not all mascaras are created equal.

Finding the right mascara is important to having your curl, volume and length look just right. Mascara commercials lie! Yes, thats right, not everyone can use the same mascara and get that "falsie" look. If you have stick straight lashes and want to  hold a curl after you curl your lashes swipe a layer of waterproof mascara right after you curl them. Then apply what ever mascara you like after that. If you are looking for fuller lashes when applying your mascara "tease" your lashes by starting at the base of the lash and gently moving the bush back and forth until at the ends of the lashes. If you want longer lashes look for a dryer formula mascara that has "fibers" in it. These will adhere to you lashes and give them that little extra umph!
1. Tarte Lights, Camera, Flashes $23
2. DiorShow Iconic OverCurl Waterproof $28.50
3. Maybelline The Rocket Waterproof in Very Black $6.60
4. Revlon Grow Luscious Lash Potion Waterproof in Blackest Black $6.79


**Tip & Trick 4** It's the size of the brush that matters.

Ok so maybe not just the size but the brush itself is extremely important. Its not a perfect science not every brush will work for every eye you have to find one that you like. For my crazy lashes I like a bristle brush with lots of bristles I find that this gets each and every lash with a coat of waterproof mascara so my lashes don't lose their curl. Don't be afraid to try different mascaras till you find one that works. Places like Sephora have a great return policy they will let you return products that didn't work for you. As well as the drugstore is a great place to try to find a mascara you like. There are many great mascaras for under $10. Try them out have fun!
1. Tarte (Great lengthening, stiff bristles volumize soft bristles lengthen)
2. Dior (My favorite. Holds a curl for forever and lengthens fantastic. My Holy grail!)
3. Maybelline (Great waterproof formula, Holds a curl all day)
4. Revlon (great volumizing brush very thick formula)

So here they are! My tips and tricks to taming those stubborn lashes!
 Comment down below and let me know what your tips are to get perfect lashes!
and don't forget to +1!

Follow me on...
Instagram @MissJessK25
Twitter @MissJessK
Facebook: Jess Kenyon
Pinterest: Jess Kenyon




Domestic Wonderland Fashion : Where all your fashion dreams come true!

No comments:

Post a Comment